KEFALH and 1 Cor. 11

Tom Belt tgbelt at
Wed Sep 20 01:55:49 EDT 2000

Jim wrote:

> I am doing some further study on KEFALH.  Could some responders
> give me some resources, papers, articles, studies (preferrably on the
> that I could look at dealing with KEFALH as authority/source in such
> as 1 Cor. 11:3?

Get Craig Keener's "Paul, Women, and Wives" (Hendrickson, 1992) and check
out the footnotes/bibliography for chapter one "Head Coverings in 1
Corinthians 11:2-16. Keener's comments regarding his sources found in his
footnotes are alone worth the price of the book. As I remember, Fee's 1 Cor.
commentary interacts with Grudem's massive study on KEFALH.

For Denny-

You were interested in Murphy-O'Conner's articles regarding chapter 11. Here
they are:

Jerome Murphy-O'Conner, "Sex and Logic in 1 Corinthians 11:2-16," CBQ 42 (4,
1980): 482-500; and also "1 Corinthians 11:2-16 Once Again," CBQ 50 (2,
April 1988).

[Question to the Moderators [and Express users]: In Mic. Express I have two
options for formatting emails, HTML and Plaintext. I'm presently using HTML
(which also has MIME options for encoding text as a) none, b) printed
quotable, and c) Base 64.) Plaintext has two further options for encoding
text (either MIME [with the same a, b, c, options as MIME under HTML] or
Uuencode). I'm presently sending emails as HTML and I have the MIME option
under that category turned off. And we thought Greek was difficult!]