Hairsplitting (Acts 13: 48) Did I miss something?

Rafael Zabar lemuel at access.inet.co.th
Wed Sep 13 06:43:51 EDT 2000

I recently reviewed Mr. Conrad's comments on this verse.  Did I misread what he was trying to say?

That is, where the "Gentiles appointed/ordained to eternal life" and therefore as many as "were appointed to eternal life", that is those Gentiles in that category, "believed"?

I pose this question lest I may have misread what he meant!  Nothing theological here but only a question on what the significance of the words used.  Frankly, I am also at a loss to describe it with a technical term.  Partitive, subordination, or what?

Regards,

Lemuel