SHMERON in Luke 23:43 (a long palinode)

Sean Kasabuske kazman at execpc.com
Mon Jan 24 22:50:00 EST 2000

Hi Carl,

How are you Carl, well I hope.  I was hoping you could help me in verifying
some information regarding the comma and SHMERON in Luke 23:43.  You had
posted some information that gave credence to the rendering where the comma
appears after "today", and I am unfamiliar with the sources.  The sources
that I'm curious about, are those presented by John Albu, namely:

1.  Hesychius of Jerusalem, an ecclessiastical writer who died about 434
C.E.  Greek text found in PATROLOGIA GRAECA, Vol. 123, Column 1104.

2.  Scholia 237, 239, 254.  Text found in Novum Testamentum Graece, editio
octava critica maior, by C. Tischendorf, Vol. I, Leipzig, 1869, under Luke
23:43.

3.  Descent into Hades, an apocryphal writing of the fourth century C.E.
Text found in Novum Testamentum Graece, edito octava critica maior, by C.
Tischendorf, Vol. I, Leipzig, 869, under Luke 23:43.

4.  Gospel of Nicodemus (=Acts of Pilate) b287, an apocryphal writing of
the fourth or fifth century C.E.  Text found in Novum Testamentum Graece,
editio octava critica maior, by C. Tischendorf, Vol. I, Leipzig, 1869,
under Luke 23:43.

I am a very beginner in Greek, but I would very much like to be able to
verify these sources.  I would be willing to pay for copies and labor (of
the page(s) regarding Luke 23:43), et al, if anyone could send them to me.
I may be writing a thesis on Luke 23:43 in a class, if such should come to
fruition.  Also, just what is the PATROLOGIA GRAECA?  Is it available on
CD-Rom?  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, and, I will look
forward to your reply.

Best Regards

Sean Kasabuske
MATC