The Original Bible Project

Eric Cohoon ecohoon at nearfield.com
Tue Mar 23 20:39:14 EST 1999

Hi group,

I took a look and am greatly puzzled. What possible reason would one want to transliterate ELOHIM and ADONAI?  It seems to me we have quite enough transliterations already.  On the plus side it is a lot easier to see YHVH than filter out the lower case caps in God and Lord.

Eric Cohoon
Long Beach, CA

>>> "George Blaisdell" <maqhth at hotmail.com> 03/19/99 08:05AM >>>

>From: Jim West
>
>At 12:17 AM 3/20/99 +1100, you wrote:
>>What do list members think of
>>http://www.centuryone.com/obp.html
>>The Original Bible Project
>>
>>David McKay
>
>I think its a grand undertaking!  And under the leadership of Jim
Tabor, you
>can rest assured that it will be done right.  Jim is a truly excellent
scholar.

That is good news indeed, Jim.  I am unfamiliar with the qualifications
of those putting this together, but the basic idea that they are
implementing seems utterly sound.

George

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA