The Original Bible Project

Eric Cohoon ecohoon at
Tue Mar 23 20:39:14 EST 1999

Hi group,

I took a look and am greatly puzzled. What possible reason would one want to transliterate ELOHIM and ADONAI?  It seems to me we have quite enough transliterations already.  On the plus side it is a lot easier to see YHVH than filter out the lower case caps in God and Lord.

Eric Cohoon
Long Beach, CA

>>> "George Blaisdell" <maqhth at> 03/19/99 08:05AM >>>

>From: Jim West
>At 12:17 AM 3/20/99 +1100, you wrote:
>>What do list members think of
>>The Original Bible Project
>>David McKay
>I think its a grand undertaking!  And under the leadership of Jim
Tabor, you
>can rest assured that it will be done right.  Jim is a truly excellent

That is good news indeed, Jim.  I am unfamiliar with the qualifications
of those putting this together, but the basic idea that they are
implementing seems utterly sound.

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA

Get Your Private, Free Email at

B-Greek home page:
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: ecohoon at
To unsubscribe, forward this message to leave-b-greek-79504F at
To subscribe, send a message to subscribe-b-greek at