Rhetorical and Discourse Analysis of Hebrews

Ray Clendenen rclende at lifeway.com
Tue Mar 9 11:22:39 EST 1999

Ray Clendenen at BSSBNOTES
03/09/99 10:22 AM

I highly recommend George Guthrie's work on the structure of Hebrews. Just
released by Baker Press. Also the SIL bookstore (academic.books at sil.org)
has Harold Greenlee's work An Exegetical Summary of Hebrews. Very
substantial--600+pp.
Ray Clendenen
Broadman & Holman
615-251-2400

"John Contabile" <jcontabile at earthlink.net> on 03/08/99 10:00:50 AM

Please respond to "John Contabile" <jcontabile at earthlink.net>

To:   Biblical Greek <b-greek at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
cc:    (bcc: Ray Clendenen/Nashville/BSSBNOTES)
Subject:  Rhetorical and Discourse Analysis of Hebrews

Greetings to all in this forum!

I am in the process of exegeting the book of Hebrews along with a couple of
friends.  We have discovered that we need to do some outside reading
concerning the rhetorical style used by the writers of the New Testament -
especially the author of Hebrews.  If anyone could recommend a good book or
two it would be greatly appreciated.  I heard that Burton Mack's "Rhetoric
and the New Testament" was good, but it is out of print and I cannot find
it.  Also, if anyone can pass on some advice regarding the discourse
analysis of Hebrews we would appreciate it.  We have found that perhaps we
have bitten off more than we can chew!

Thanks!

You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: rclende at lifeway.com
To unsubscribe, forward this message to