Swanson

Randy Leedy Rleedy at bju.edu
Fri Dec 3 07:58:34 EST 1999

Clay sent me this response answering one of my questions about
Swanson, but I don't see it on the digest today. Since it corrects
some potential misinformation, I thought it would be good to get it on
the list. I had my doubts the name I was looking for was Swanson, but
I couldn't recall Comfort.

Nobody has given the name for the little dots yet. Do they have one?

Randy Leedy

>>> "clayton stirling bartholomew" <c.s.bartholomew at worldnet.att.net>
12/02 12:24 PM >>>

----------
>From: "Randy Leedy " <Rleedy at bju.edu>
>To: Biblical Greek <b-greek at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>Subject: Re: Swanson
>Date: Thu, Dec 2, 1999, 5:56 AM
>

> Was it Swanson who came in for such scathing criticism
> (seemingly warranted to a significant degree, at least) on the TC
list
> for his work on the papyri, or was that some other name?

Randy,

It was not Swanson,  but Comfort's book "Earliest Manuscripts . .
.NT"
which got hit hard. Baker has pulled the book which in practical
terms
means that it will not see a second printing.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point