Deut 32:8 LXX

Apokrisis1 at aol.com Apokrisis1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 16:42:57 EDT 1999

In a message dated 8/25/99 10:53:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jwest at highland.net writes:

<<
 At the rate they are pushing those things out none of us will live to see
 the whole thing done.  Isaiah appeared, what, almost 2 decades ago????  And
 now, Jeremiah?  Its immensely frustrating. >>

Dear Jim:

Actually, if I remember correctly, I think they released a preliminary
edition of one part of the Isaiah volume back in the late 60s! Then they
released additional volumes, and finally the one volume edition in 1995. But
Jeremiah followed fairly quickly in 1998. We can only hope that they will
keep to a pace of three years per volume!

<< Perhaps the promised BHQ will be out on schedule around 2002.  It will have
 a much more thorough apparatus and will also include ben Sira! as well as
 the significant variants from the DSS.  Along those same lines, by the way,
 Eugene Ulrich of Notre Dame is going to publish a volume titled something
 like "The Bible of the Dead Sea Scrolls", which will have the text of the
 Hebrew Bible critically annotated from the biblical scrolls found at Qumran.

I believe this volume is scheduled for release sometime this year. Having a
complete text of the biblical passages from the Scrolls in one volume should
prove to be a tremendous resource.

<< But, to keep this in line with the purpose of this list- I mention....

 Greek. >>

I guess I had better do the same: Greek :)

Greg

 Best,

 Jim